Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 November 2014

Final Product of Cross Curricular Art Project

I was able to work on my cross curricular art project over this weekend, and finish it.  I decided to go with this picture, because I though that it would be fun to paint in watercolors.


I haven't used watercolors in a while, and I got some new watercolor paper, so I thought that it would be fun to experiment with, while painting this fun colorful picture!

The paper I used was relatively thin, so it was kind of tricky because if you went over it more than once it got soggy and looked sloppy.  Also I obviously could not put as much detail in because of my choice of materials, and that it would take me forever to make something look that good.  But, I am however still happy with the outcome.

To do this piece, I started off by drawing a simple outline of this picture in black pen on the watercolor paper that I wanted to follow.  After that I painted in the lines similar colors to what they are in the picture.  I wanted it to be really bright because that is what stood out to me about this particular picture and made me choose to do it in the first place.

Here is the final outcome of what I did :)



I really like the contrast in this painting, and the different tones of blue.  However, I wish my colors turned out to be a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment