Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 November 2014

The Last Supper

I've mentioned 'The Last Supper' in one of my previous posts, but I have chosen to focus on this on for my renaissance artwork.
This is the original art work by Leonardo DaVinci. There are many conspiracy theory's about "The Last Supper", there have even been movies made about it, (The DaVinci Code).  This is why I have chosen to focus in this painting for my art piece that we will be making a postcard out of.

I have decided to try and replicate this painting for my postcard, But, like I said in my previous post about changing something about it, I have decided to 'vamp' up the colors a bit, make them a bit brighter then they are in the original.  Also, I wanted to focus on the part of the painting that was the cause of many conspiracy theory's. That would be the part that focuses on Jesus and John. Or at least it is said to be John, many people believe that it is actually Mary Magdalene.  Which doesn't make sense because she was not one of the 12 disciples.  But if you look at the persons features, they look very feminine. 

Also, the triangle shape between Jesus and John/Mary, is said to represent either a wine glass or a womb, symbolizing that Mary may have been pregnant with Jesus' child.  This is all a theory, but I find it kind of interesting.  

These are the reasons I choose to do this painting on my postcard.

Here is what my post card looks like.



I used acrylic paint to make my  postcard, I hope everyone likes it:)

We were also asked to write a small message on one half of the back side to the people we are sending it to and let them know what we are working on in our art class, on the other half we were asked to gave a brief explanation of why we choose to paint what we did.  Here is what I wrote.



I'm pretty sure that were sending out the post cards soon, I hope whoever gets mine likes it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment