Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Co-operative Art Work with Japan

A few weeks ago my class talked about doing a co-operative artwork with Japan.  Just yesterday my art teacher brought it up again.  The 'idea'  or 'theme' of the art work is 'your legacy'.  The word legacy has many different meanings, and Ive personally never been a fan of it, but Japan picked it, so our school is just kinda going along with it because it is such an awesome opportunity.  But anyways, back to legacy.  We are supposed to be doing some quick sketches or/and jotting down some points as to what we think 'our legacy' is or should be represented by.

Before I start this, I would like to get a better idea as to what legacy is, so I've found a few definitions to help better my understanding.
1. Legacy: (an amount of money or property left to someone in a will.)
2: Legacy: (anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor)

I also looked at the synonyms and I thought that that was pretty helpful as well.
1. Legacy: (inheritance)

I think that it is really important to understand the word before I start thinking about what I would like to paint/draw to demonstrate it.

Basically, what I have gathered from my research, it the legacy is what change you make in the world.  Now that's a pretty broad statement because when working with Japan, we could be talking about Canadian legacy, Nipigon (small town) legacy, or your own legacy.  My idea of legacy would greatly vary depending on with path I/my class decided to take with this art piece.

Maybe I'll do a few sketches or points for each, if I can come up for good ideas for all of them.

Japan gets the art piece first, then they are sending it to us and we will be receiving it after Christmas Break in December.  Which leaves our class with a pretty small window to finish the art piece, considering we go into semester 2 about 3 weeks after Christmas Break.  But I think we can do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment