Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Pottery Update

My cup just came out of the kiln yesterday! I was really happy to discover that it didn't crack.  I wiped it down to get all the dust off it so I could start painting it.  Since my lines are so small I found that it was really hard to paint, and my art teacher told me that I should have 2-3 coats.. so I'm just trying to put on the paint really thick.

So far, I have painted probably about 1/10 of it and it took me 30mins.  This cup is defiantly going to test my patience.  I just hope it will be worth it in the end.

The stains are really weird colours because the true colours come out the next time it goes in the kiln.  So really I don't get to see what it looks like until the very end.  I cant wait! 

I will post a picture once I get some more stain on it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment