Total Pageviews

Monday 20 October 2014

Henna

First of all, in respond to my last post, I did paint something, but I don't have a pic of it, so I will post either tonight or tomorrow.

But the focus of this post is on the Henna tattoos I've been working on in class.

I love Henna tattoos because they give you a chance to explore art beyond the page, and be creative in decorating your body, and they last for a few days, so you get to wear your own artwork!

We did this for the first time back in gr. 9, but unfortunately were unable to find it last year, but now that we have it back this year I would like to experiment with it some more.

With Henna tattoos, you can do modern, or traditional designs, I do like both, but the traditional designs looks awesome!!


Here is the first one I did, Its pretty basic, and when peeled off didnt turn out really dark because I didnt let it set for long enough.

Here is the one I am wearing right now! I came up with the design all on my own and it's a bit more traditional.

If anyone has any ideas that I could try, please feel free to leave pictures or suggestions in the comment section below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment