Total Pageviews

Monday 6 October 2014

Working with Contrasting Colors

*This post was made on Wednesday but I was unable to post due to technical difficulties*

A few days ago I wanted to try painting a picture with just one colour, but different shades of the same colour.  I didn't really have an image I was trying to copy, I just started painting and kinda went from there.  But I wanted to see how far I could push one colour with dimension and depth.


Here is what it looks like, I used a deep blue acrylic paint.  On the sections that are really dark i mixed no water at all with my paint, but on the sections that are really light, its pretty much all water, like the sky, it is probably 90% water and 10% paint.  I really liked doing this painting because it tested my painting ability, being restricted to only one colour pushed my limits.

My next step would be to try adding some more colours to this painting and seeing if I prefer the original to the newer version.  I would like to take the same painting and maybe add some red to it and see what kind of dimension it gives the painting.

Also: I just found out my cup is going in be put in the kiln today, so I will post a picture once it comes out and I have had the chance to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment