Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Invisible art

Yesterday in art class we talked about "invisible art" by Lana Newstrom.
Heres a little clip to help form your opinion, and maybe relate to mine.

My first opinion on this "art" is just that it was very dumb.  My opinion has not changed much except that I found out that precedes go to a charity.

But after watching this video I began to think of what I consider to be art, how do i distinguish art from something I would not think of as art?
I thought of a general statement: I think art is anything that you can see (canvas, paper, lawn/yard, walls, windows) and make some kind of creative change to it.

Lana didn't change anything to the pieces she is claiming her own.

Take this piece for example, someone started off with a blank canvas and changed it with colourful paints, to make this masterpiece.



I also consider this to be art, because  someone started off with a basic piece of land, and changed it with different materials and created a beautiful landscape.
 

This is art as well, in many ways , the person who took clay and turned this into a vase is an artist, and the person who took the plain vase and added colours and designs is an artist.
 


I think this is art as well, someone took a space where there was once nothing, and built a house.
 
All in all, I think art can be many things, it is all around us, but it is not nothing.  It must show the artists abilities, Lana's shows nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment