Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Leonid Afremov

I found a contemporary artist that inspires me, I like all of his art!  He mainly painted in the 1990s, so I still think it is considered contemporary.
http://www.demilked.com/colorful-paintings-by-leonid-afremov/
Here is a link to a website he is featured on^^

He does a lot of colourful art work and I love that! He doesn't stick to one pattern, he really steps outside the box, I was looking through pieces I liked and realised a lot of them were actually his!  He does a lot of the same style art but it is all so interesting and intriguing. 

This art is awesome! Although I do not think it could stand the test of time, it doesnt have the depth that people in 50 or so years would still appreiciate it.  But I appreiciate it, I think its awesome :)
I love the different stroke lines and direstions of them in this piece!  It starts from dark long lines, to shorter bright ones.  It gives depth to this picture.

Leonid uses canvas and mostly oil paints to paint his master pieces, I would love to try oil paints sometime this year!

Here are a few videos of Leonid creating his art work, I posted the short ones because I was too bored to watch the long ones, but there are many more if anyone was interested! Just search his name in youtube :)



No comments:

Post a Comment