Total Pageviews

Monday 22 September 2014

Pottery

Just taking a little break from the series of posts I've been making. I will be doing a post on a contemporary artist sometime this week. But for now i will be talking about what I've been doing in art the past few days.

Ive been working with pottery! Its really cool because this is actually my first time working with clay and a pottery wheel so it is just opening up a whole new door for me, I never really thought about art in a sculpture kinda way, mostly because i never tried it, I am really enjoying it though! I love how it all about the movement of your hands. I like how you can stop at a good thing or try to work the clay some more to make it great, while knowing in the process you might fail. It's just a really awesome way to do art! It also really lets your creativity show, you can have a vision in your mind, and this allows you to make a 3d sculpture of what you envision.

This was my first try, its really messy, but I like the shape. I used some older clay so it was a little chunky.

This is after i smoothed it out, it looks so much better but it is still way to thick, I didn't have the patience to try and thin it out so I decided I would just practise some shapes and patterns I liked on it for a good cup or pot I wanted to do next.

I really liked the way these looked together! So I decided to try and make a small thin cup to put these designs on.

This is exactly the shape and thickness I wanted for my cup! I used some new clay this time and I loved the results.

My next step is to add the designs! I hope it turns out okay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment