Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Painting styles

I was looking through paintings on Google, and these were some of the painting styles I would like to try! I want to try experimenting with bright colours, and i like how the colours here are not really 'typical'. I like how the grass is not only green, and the watter is not only blue, I would just love to learn how to incorporate different colours into my paintings and still have it look realistic.
I really love the Colo's in this one! And the textures of the leaves, looks like it might be done with oil paints.

I really love the simplicity of this picture, but I like how the colours pop in the back, I feel like this would look if I tried to copy this idea in watercolour.

I love the sky in this one! the colours kind of contrast each other but it looks so beautiful! Also I like how dark the boats are and how the light of the sun brings a focal point to a certain part of the boat and makes you realise that it is a boat after all.  I just really like this whole picture.  I like how the background looks like it starts as a city/town scape kind of, then as you move your eyes right it progresses to a mountain type setting. It is such an interesting picture but it looks awesome!

These leave have to be some of the nicest painted leaves I've ever seen" I love how they are all funky colours, the tree branch coming out of the left top corner is really cool because you cant tell if the blue around it is leaves or the sky.  I really like how this artist made the setting look like night time after is just rained, but there is no sign of rain or that it is nighttime, its just something that the viewer can comprehend when looking at the painting because of the streetlights, the reflection off the ground (which by the way looks amazing!!) and the umbrella the man is holding.

This one is a bit different than the rest of the painting I said I liked, but I thought this looked really neat! I love how the eyelashes are not perfect, and I like how when you look into the eye you can tell that it is meant to be viewing something, by the colours, but you don't know what, it brings a sense of mystery to the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment